Happy New Year from the Gregg Festa, DDS team! This year, make your new year’s resolution to get a whiter smile. We can help you achieve this goal with Day White ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate), a whitening solution by Philips Zoom!.
What is Day White ACP and How Does It Work?
Day White ACP is proven to comfortably and safely whiten your teeth in a matter of days. The active whitening ingredients include carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide which can safely and effectively whiten even the most difficult stains. Studies have shown that ACP reduces sensitivity, rebuilds enamel and fills tooth surface defects to restore enamel luster for a bright, healthy smile.
The whitening gel is placed in a thin bleaching tray that fits over your teeth. As the active ingredient in the gel is broken down, oxygen enters the enamel and dentin and bleaches the colored substances.
How to Whiten Teeth with Day White ACP
- Make an appointment with your dentist for a diagnostic visit. Your dental professional will take impressions of your teeth to make a custom gel holding whitening tray.
- At your next dental visit, you will be fitted with a take home whitening tray with instructions on how to administer the gel and how often to wear the tray. Typically you will wear your tray twice a day for 10-14 day and for 30 minutes each session.
- Follow the directions from your dentist.
- Continue to maintain your regular oral hygiene routine of brushing and flossing.
- Expect a whiter smile in just a few days! Your smile will be whiter going forward but some patients may require a teeth whitening touch up 1-2 days a year.
View more FAQs on Day White ACP.