Precautions Before Use of any Whitening Product
There are many products out there that promise to whiten teeth quickly and effectively at home. Some certainly work better than others, however we want to preface this post by saying no whitening product will fix poor oral hygiene habits.
So along with whitening, make sure you have your basics down:
- Brushing and flossing daily
- Avoiding tobacco use
- Limit excessive coffee intake
- Regular teeth cleanings
Ensuring that you have your basic dental hygiene in check will increase the efficacy of any teeth whitening product or procedure, giving you your best, brightest smile!
Additionally, most whitening products (including Nite White ACP) rely heavily on peroxide – so make sure that you do not have a peroxide allergy before beginning use.
As well, familiarize yourself with the ADA’s statement on tooth whitening products before researching or committing to a specific product. We would also suggest consulting your dentist before beginning the use of any whitening product.
Nite White ACP
Nite White ACP is a teeth whitening product that patients can use at home.
Your package will contain syringes of the whitening gel, along with custom trays to inject the gel into. Once the gel is inserted, you wear the trays for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
The bleaching gel contains:
- Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP) – Rebuilds enamel, and reduces sensitivity
- Potassium Nitrate – Desensitizes teeth when gel is applied
- Fluoride – Prevents tooth decay
- Carbamide Peroxide and Hydrogen Peroxide – Whitens teeth
Nite White ACP Teeth Whitening Procedure
Prior to Use
- Ensure that you brush and floss thoroughly before inserting the tray.
- Keep gel away from eyes.
- Do not swallow gel.
Preparing the Tray
- Gently twist off the syringe cap
- Insert only a small drop of gel in each tooth imprint. Do not use more gel than recommended.
- Fit the custom tray snugly in your mouth, making sure not to push the gel out of the tray and onto your gums or mouth.
- If any gel comes out from the tray, wipe away with a Q-tip or cotton swab.
- Do not eat or drink with the trays in place.
- Wear the tray for 2-4 hours or overnight
- Remove the tray and wash excess gel out from the imprints with cold water.
- Use a toothbrush to remove all remaining gel in tray.
- Brush your teeth to remove remaining gel.
- Continue using good basic oral hygiene.
Interested in Nite White ACP?
Feel free to give us a call at Gregg Festa DDS to consult with one of our practitioners – we are happy to help you achieve your whitest smile in the safest and most effective way possible!